Are you interested in creating DIY crafts to make money for you as well as enjoying the process? We are happy to provide you with some brilliant ideas and guides, that can be grasped and implemented nowadays.
Do you want to get rid of your boredom and earn some cash? Not sure where to start? Don’t have enough money to invest in decorating your home or doing what you love? Look no further! We have got you covered! With these fantastic Home DIY, you will decorate your beautiful home and do different creative projects at your home.
There’s always so much satisfaction in creating something different from your own hands and then sell it to other people. We have rounded up some cool décor ideas, straightforward craft projects, home DIY crafts to make money, kid-friendly, low budget projects which can be sold after.
With these fantastic DIYs, you will able to make simple things from your home and make money with he help of these amazing DIY crafts. People love homemade things.
What DIY crafts you can make at home to make money:
These super cute easy diy will make sure to give you full satisfaction and make you happy. Make sure to not spend your time lying around; get up and start doing something new and productive in this quarantine time. Wood DIY projects are widespread these days.
These crafts will inspire you. Let’s learn and find how to create best and simple things and sell them via your e-commerce store or through direct sales:
1) Make Headbands easy DIY
Want to gift something adorable to your niece or sell it to your potential customers? Or you just need to make one for yourself? This adorable headbands tutorial will look lovely on you or your loved one. Use colorful fabrics and try something new.
Things you will need to make Headbands:
- Color full fabric
- Sewing machine
- Cut the fabric in a rectangular shape.
- Sew it from one side and let the one side remain open.
- Insert the elastic from another side.
- And sew the open side.
- Attach both end corners.
- Sew the corners together.
- You can decorate your headband with decorative stuff with the help of a glue gun.
- Wear your beautiful headband.
2) Diy Projects Custom Mugs:
Making custom mugs is a straightforward DIY crafts to make money. Custom mugs are very trendy these days. You can use slang words, relationship titles, nicknames, or draw any favorite character on the mug. Learn simple mugs customization from this simple easy diy tutorial. You will love doing this easy diy.
Things you will need to make DIY custom Mugs:
- Plain Mugs.
- Stencil to paint on mugs.
- Wax pencil to transfer the design on mugs.
- You can also use permanent markers.
- Place your mugs on wooden surface.
- You can also use mason jar for this little project.
- Nicely draw on to the cups with your permanent marker.
- After you are done with the drawing, you can put your mug into the baking oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Enjoy your next cup of coffee in your customized mug.
3) Learn how to make Soaps, great DIY crafts to make money
This year, freshen up yourself and create a bar of soap. Be your hero and create a soap. Yes! You can make DIY soaps. Are you wondering how? With a liquid soap which you use in your kitchen, you can make any type of soap which you want to have. Even you can also sell these homemade soaps online. A great way to make candles as well.
Things you will need to make DIY Soaps
- coconut oil ⅔ cup
- olive oil ⅔ cup olive oil helps in making thicker bars
- ¼ cup lye, which is also known as100% sodium hydroxide
- ¾ cup cool water – use distilled or purified
- Any other liquid oil ⅔ cup, For instance, you can use almond oil, grapeseed, sunflower, or safflower oil
- First, you need to cover your kitchen counter with newspaper.
- Wear gloves.
- Use measurement properly, as mentioned above.
- Measure your lye and slowly pour it onto the water.
- Keep stirring and avoid fumes.
- When the water is clear, you can now move further.
- In a pint jar, add any three oils together.
- Heat them in the microwave for a minute.
- Now place the jar of oils into a pan of water to heat up.
- The temperature of your oil should be 120°.
- Your lye should come down to 120°.
- Now sit back and wait for both of them to cool down to 95° and 105°.
- When you feel the lye and oils are at the right temperature, you can now pour oils into the mixing bowl.
- Now slowly add the lye and stir well for 5 minutes.
- Stir well. The soap mixture will now lighten in Color and become thick.
- Now it’s time to add your herbs, essential oils, or any other thing at this point. Stir well to combine well.
- Now pour the mixture into the molds.
- You can add in colors if you want to add.
- Now cover the mold with a plastic wrap.
- After about 24 hours, you can check your soap. It will be soft and warm.
- When the soaps are cold and firm, you can quickly turn them inside out onto parchment paper or any baking rack to cool down more.
- Do not use this soap for four weeks.
- Make sure to turn them over once a week to expose all the sides of soap to the air.
- After four weeks, you can use this soap and keep the remaining ones in an airtight container to save them for a longer time.
4) Printed Pillowcases and Bed Sheets
Create DIY crafts to make money targeted people who got bored with plain bed sheets? Do something new and color them up. We have got this amazing tutorial and hack for you, which can give old pillowcases and bed sheets a whole new tie and die look. This year you can also sell them to someone. People will love it. A fun diy simple project.
Things you will need to make printed pillowcases and bedsheets:
- Dye colors
- If you don’t have dye colors at home, you can easily use food colors.
- Warm water
- Plain pillowcases or plain bed sheet of any color
- Heat water in a large steel bowl.
- When the water starts to boil up, add in colors.
- You can add 1 tsp of any color to 1 liter of water.
- Now add in your plain color pillowcase and dip it in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze extra water from the pillowcase and let it dry.
- You can also dip the dry pillowcase I water and twist it into the water with a spoon’s help.
- This way, you can draw twisted circles on the pillowcase.
- You can easily make different sorts of prints on them; you can also sell them online.
5) Make Stationery Containers – easy DIY crafts to make money
Create it and sell to people who Want to organize their stationery space. Let people Keep all their stationaries in one place and lock them up from falling.
Things you will need to make a Stationary container:
- Empty your pringles box.
- Clean it up with a clean cloth.
- Place your gift paper on it and cut the edges.
- Tape this up, or you can secure it with glue.
- Your stationery box is ready to fill.
6) DIY Phone covers Phone Pouches:
A phone cover not only protects a phone from scratches but it looks very fashionable. It also gives extra protection to a phone. There are reasonably straightforward ways to make DIY phone pouches. You can make this phone pouch if you don’t know how to sew. This is a great way to make custom phone pouches. You can also use nail polish instead of glue. Easy to make crafts for kids as well. Décor your phone. You can also use phone holders to decorate. New great way for free tutorials and make something new. You can even produce these covers every day if you have enough demand!
Things you will need to make DIY phone pouches:
- Glue gun
- Craft Embellishments, beads, crystals, plastic flowers, etc
- Plain back cover
- First, place your plain back cover and heat your glue gun.
- Now drop Lil bit of glue from the glue gun onto the phone cover and put one bead or decorative stuff on it.
- Press the decorative beads gently to secure them.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Your beautiful DIY back cover is ready to rock.
7. Make DIY Greeting Cards:
Make DIY Greeting cards and sell them to people in love. Who doesn’t love surprises and creative handmade gifts? People love to receive admiration for their crafty projects. Create something like greeting cards. Greeting cards are the best thing everyone needs. Whether it’s a birthday party, graduation party or Christmas, or any other celebration, you can always make DIY greeting cards. If you have good handwriting, you can always write something unique and sell it.
Use these materials and make something unique. You can always sketch if you don’t have good handwriting. Share your precious piece of work with your friends on Facebook and Instagram. Let them know what you are capable of.
Things you will need to make DIY Greeting Cards – cool DIY crafts to sell:
- Cut your paper into a rectangle shape.
- Fold it from both sides.
- Draw different shapes and patterns on it.
- You can also write a greeting message with colorful markers or draw anything.
- Put some glue on it and sprinkle glitter on the glue.
8) DIY Fabric Book Covers
Who doesn’t love books? Almost 70% of people in this busy world still love books. The book covers not only protect books from getting harsh, but you can also make them look classier. Be creative. Get creative and make a fantastic fabric book cover.
Things you will need to make Book Cover:
- Cut the fabric and wrap the fabric around the book.
- With a sewing needle, make little adjustments.
- Sew button like shown in the image.
- Sew elastic on the other side of the button.
- And you are done.
9) DIY Décor with Old CDs
You can help making once room more decorative with this fantastic bundle of CDs you might put in the trash. Yes, in today’s tech world, CDs are getting old, and no one uses them. Make something out of old CDs. Get inspired and use some cheap material to make something truly unique. Watch this video to learn about this fantastic CD DIY.
10) Colorful Galaxy Jars:
Don’t waste your time by thinking about what to do to pass your time. Stare at your beautiful colorful galaxy jar and calm yourself. Staring at this beautiful colorful galaxy jar will be so peaceful to relax from the hustle-bustle of life. Your kids will love these jars.
11) Paper Hyacinth Flowers:
Speaking of flower decorations, we have found this unique craft project for your kids. These lovely paper flowers will be a productive thing to do for your kids. Make something which you can display and adore. Help your kids in making these fantastic paper hyacinth flowers for selling.
12) DIY crafts Felt Ball coasters that can make money for you:
Start with something relatively easy to do. These DIY felt ball coasters are inspired by charm.
Do some practical work and be creative. A project that your kids will love doing.
13) Personalized Name Crayons:
Turn your crayons into personalized name crayons. Yes, these tremendous personalized name crayons will be fantastic art and craft ideas to do this winter. No matter how old your kids are, they will love working with crayons. You can utilize your old broken crayons to do this DIY project.
Things you will need to make personalized name crayons:
- Remove paper from your old crayons. If you don’t have crayons, you can always buy new ones.
- Fill your Silicone alphabet baking mold with crayons.
- Now fill every corner of the mold with crayons.
- Now, bake this mold in the oven for about 15 minutes at 135c.
- Let it cool down.
- Remove the letters from the mold and let them dry overnight.
- All done!
14) Orange Mint Sugar Scrub
Orange Mint Sugar scrub is a great thing you can do at home and sell it through you e-commerce store or through direct sales. It doesn’t take much time to create it and pack into jars.
As you might know, there are many beneficial features of this product, so you not only create a nice-looking craft, but also a thing, that will help your customers be healthier:
- cleanses a skin from dead cells;
- evens out skin relief making it’s tone fresher and more uniform;
- stimulates blood circulation;
- fights against cellulite and puffiness and so on.
Orange mint sugar scrub ingredients:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of refined coconut oil
- 1/3 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 3 drops of orange gel food colouring
- 20 drops of orange essential oil
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Leaves of Mint
- 200 ml pint covered jars
- Take the sugar and oils and mix them in a bowl.
- Take the gel food colouring and add it to this bowl as well, mix it carefully.
- Add orange essential oil and peppermint essential oil there, whisk until the contents colour become orange without black spots
- Put the sugar scrub into jars, add 2-3 leaves of Mint and close the lid
Hooray! We have other products to sell! Of course, before selling you may try to use it on your skin first, you deserve it 🙂
15) Rainbow Slime:
We are sure that your kids love slime. How about making one at home? Make slime at home. This fantastic rainbow slime might be one of the best craft projects for your kids when school is off.
Things you will need to make Rainbow Slime at home:
- Six 6 oz clear Elmer’s Glue 4 ½ cups clear glue divided into ¾ cup
- ½ cup of warm water. (each Color)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- One tablespoon contact lens solution which contains boric acid
- Food colors: red, blue, yellow, and green
- glitter if you need to make glitter slime
- Arrange six bowls to make a batch of slime for each slime. Repeat the directions with each Color. Separately.
- Empty the glue in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup warm water to the glue mixture.
- Combine the glue and water. Stir them well.
- Now add the baking soda into the water and glue mixture stir them well.
- Now add food colors and glitter if you want to add. And stir this mixture well.
- Now add the contact lens solution to the bowl and stir.
- Add this slowly, and be careful, do not to add too much contact lens solution. You might end up with non-slimy slim.
- Once your mixture starts to join in, remove the slime from the bowl.
- Knead the slime well, and you are all set to play with it.
- Store the slime in an airtight container.
There are many DIY projects you can do at home and sell, so that you’ll not only enjoy the process, but also earn extra money.
Check our article about what your kids can do at home with you!